Menstuff® has information on Celebrity Cutters.
Related issues: Self-Injury
Males self-harm too - videos
Hannah Vancouverr Videos
Jessicka Addams * Megan Fox Shirley Manson Source:
* (formerly Jessicka Fodera)
Jessicka Addams *
Source: self-injury.net/media/famous-self-injurers/ * (formerly Jessicka Fodera)
26 Celebrities Who
Who is the most famous celebrity who engages or once engaged in self-harm? Megan Fox tops our list. The Transformers actress was asked by Rolling Stone magazine if she was a cutter. To which she replied, "Yeah, but I don't want to elaborate. I would never call myself a cutter. Girls go through different phases when theyre growing up, when theyre miserable and do different things, whether its an eating disorder or they dabble in cutting." Other actresses who self-harm include Angelina Jolie, Lindsay Lohan, and Christina Ricci. Several famous men have also engaged in self harm.
Russell Brand has self inflicted scars which he gave to himself when he was young. As does Johnny Depp. Depp has said, "My body is a journal in a way. It's like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist."
\Angelina Jolie told Parade Magazine, "I used to cut myself or jump out of airplanes, trying to find something new to push up against because sometimes everything else felt too easy."
Diana, Princess of Wales
1. Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp is perhaps one of the most versatile actors of his day and age in Hollywood. He was born John Christopher Depp II in Owensboro, Kentucky, on June 9, 1963, to Betty Sue (Wells), who worked as a waitress, and John Christopher Depp, a civil engineer. Depp was raised in Florida. He dropped out of school when he was 15.. Cut himself as a teenager because of his parents' divorce. - KatiesGhost
2. Angelina Jolie - Angelina Jolie is an Oscar-winning actress who became popular after playing the title role in the "Lara Croft" blockbuster movies, as well as Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Wanted, Salt and Maleficent. Off-screen, Jolie has become prominently involved in international charity projects, especially those involving refugees... Cut herself as a teenager because her peers made fun of her for having big lips and for being too skinny. - KatiesGhost
3. Christina Ricci Precocious, outspoken child-teen starlet of the 1990s, Christina Ricci was born in 1980 in Santa Monica, California, the youngest of four children of Sarah (Murdoch), a realtor, and Ralph Ricci, a lawyer and therapist. She is of Italian (from her paternal grandfather), Irish, and Scots-Irish descent...
4. Amy Winehouse Amy Winehouse was a five-time Grammy Award-winning English singer-songwriter known for such hits as 'Rehab' and 'You Know I'm No Good' among her other works. She was born Amy Jade Winehouse, on September 14, 1983, in Enfield, London, England to a Jewish family with Russian ancestry on her mother's side...
5. Lindsay Lohan Lindsay Dee Lohan was born in New York City on 2 July 1986. Her mother, Dina Lohan (née Donata Melina Nicolette Sullivan), is a former Wall Street analyst, and her father, Michael Lohan, is a businessman and former Wall Street trader. She has Irish, Italian, and German ancestry. Lohan began her career at age three as a model at the Eileen Ford Agency...
6. Marilyn Manson Marilyn Manson was born Brian Hugh Warner on January 5, 1969 in Canton, Ohio, to Barbara Jo (Wyer) and Hugh Angus Warner. He has German and English ancestry. During his childhood, one of his neighbors molested him several times until the young Brian broke down one day and told his mother what happened...
7. Fiona Apple Daughter of former singer Diane McAfee and actor Brandon Maggart. She was classically trained as a pianist as a child and began composing songs when she was eight years old. She crafted a demo tape while in Los Angeles finishing High School. When she returned home to New York for Christmas one of the tapes found its way to a friend who supervised the care of a music industry executive's children... Started cutting and self injuring herself after her rape at age 12. - KatiesGhost
8. Demi Lovato Demetria Devonne Lovato was born on August 20, 1992 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, to Dianna Hart (née Dianna Lee Smith), a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, and Patrick Martin Lovato, an engineer and musician. Demi is the middle of 3 children, with 2 other sisters, Dallas Lovato and Madison De La Garza...
9. Sid Vicious Along with fellow Sex Pistol member, Johnny Rotten, lanky, sneering, pock faced Sid epitomised the punk movement born in the mid 1970s in working class England. Sid Vicious (real name John Beverly) wasn't an original member of the Pistols, but rather joined the band after original bassist, Glen Matlock dropped out after personality clashes with lead singer Rotten... 10 days after he murdered his girlfriend Nancy Spungen (who also was a cutter), he slashed his wrists in an attempt for suicide, screaming ""I want to be with my Nancy! I want to be left alone!" - KatiesGhost
10. Courtney Love The daughter of Grateful Dead devotee and first manager Hank Harrison and psychotherapist Linda Caroll, Courtney Love was born Courtney Michelle Harrison in San Francisco, California in 1964. Love spent her early years living in hippie communes in Oregon and at schools in Europe and New Zealand, under the care of her mother and other family members...
11. Drew Barrymore Since melting audiences' hearts - at the age of six - in Steven Spielberg's beloved sci-fi blockbuster, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Drew Barrymore has emerged as one of the most endearing and talented actresses of her generation. Despite a troubled and much-publicized adolescence, and a string of "bad girl" parts in lurid crime dramas such as Poison Ivy...
12. Princess Diana Princess Diana was born July 1, 1961 at 7:45pm weighing 7lb 12oz at Park House, Sandringham, Norfolk, England. She had her christening at Sandringham Church in Norfolk. Her full name is Lady Diana Frances Spencer. On July 29, 1981 she married her Prince Charming - Prince Charles of Wales, the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II...
13. Richey Edwards
14. Iggy Pop Legendary Rock 'n' Roll wildman and substance abuser. Recorded a series of classic rock albums with The Stooges and later as a solo artist. Worked extensively with David Bowie.
15. Nancy Spungen Nancy was born to a well to do Jewish family in Philadelphia. She was a hyperactive child, reportedly throwing suicidal cursing fits at the age of eight and abusing heroin by 15. At 19 she became a groupie, following such bands as Aerosmith, Bad Company, and The Ramones. She moved with a friend to London...
16. Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus was born in Franklin, Tennessee, the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife, Letitia Jean "Tish" (Finley). She has 5 siblings - two half-brothers, a half-sister and a younger brother and sister. Her birth name is Destiny Hope, given to her by her parents who hoped she would achieve greatness... There are rumors that Miley cuts herself. - KatiesGhost
17. Shirley Manson
18. Elizabeth Wurtzel
19. Colin Farrell Colin Farrell is one of Ireland's best rising stars in Hollywood and abroad today. His film presence has been filled with memorable roles that range from an inwardly tortured hit man, to an adventurous explorer, a determined-but-failing writer, and the greatest military leader in history. Farrell was born on May 31...
20. Owen Wilson Self-proclaimed troublemaker Owen Wilson was born in Dallas, to Irish-American parents originally from Massachusetts. He grew up in Texas with his mother, Laura (Cunningham), a photographer; his father, Robert Andrew Wilson, an ad exec; and his brothers, Andrew Wilson (the eldest) and Luke Wilson (the youngest)...
21. Brody Dalle
22. Russell Brand Russell Brand
was born on June 4, 1975, in Grays, Essex, England, the son
of Barbara Elizabeth (Nichols) and Ronald Henry Brand, a
photographer. An only child, his parents divorced when he
was only six months old, and he was subsequently raised by
his mother. Enduring a difficult childhood that saw...
Celebrities Who Overcame their Struggles with Self-Harm
1. Troian Bellisario. The Pretty Little Liars actress is on top of the world right now, but she, like many other teenagers, struggled in high school. Last year, she told Seventeen that she struggled with both self-harm and an eating disorder. I started self-harming when I was a junior, she said. I would withhold food or withhold going out with my friends, based on how well I did that day in school. The now-29-year-old star credits her friends who staged an intervention for helping pull her out of that dark time.
2. Ashton Irwin. Celebrities deal with rude Twitter trending topics all the time, but when the hashtag #AshtonPleaseCutYourselfAgain popped up a few weeks ago, everyone was understandably disgusted. While that phrase is NEVER okay to say to anyone, the 5SOS guy has actually battled self-harm in the past (he apparently stopped for his fans), and encouraging him to start again just takes sick to a whole new level.
3. Demi Lovato. When it comes to personal struggles, Miss Lovato has been beyond open with her life. The 22-year-old singer famously went to rehab for self-harm, an eating disorder and multiple other issues back in 2010, and has since shared her story hundreds of time. After being bullied as a child, Demi started cutting herself at a very young age. It was a way of expressing my own shame, of myself, on my own body, she told ABC News. I was matching the inside to the outside. And there were some times where my emotions were just so built up, I didnt know what to do. The only way that I could get instant gratification was through an immediate release on myself. While its still an everyday battle, Demi has stopped self-harming and even got the words Stay Strong over the scars on her wrists as a constant reminder.
4. Megan Fox. While Megan doesnt consider herself a former cutter, she admitted to Rolling Stone that she has self-harmed in the past. I dont want to elaborate, the actress said. Girls go through different phases when theyre growing up, when theyre miserable and do different things, whether its an eating disorder or they dabble in cutting The actress has also been open about the fact that she has low self-esteem, which may have contributed to her actions in the past.
5. Johnny Depp. JD is known as being one of the most sought-after actors in Hollywood, but he didnt always have the confidence that goes with being a star. The actor has admitted to having many insecurities as a teenager, but didnt cut himself with self-harm in mind. Instead, he has a series of eight scars on his arm that he used as pseudo markers. He told Talk magazine, It was really just whatever It wasnt like, Okay, this just happened, I have to go hack a piece of my flesh off.; He continued, My body is a journal in a way. Its like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist. While Johnny has continued getting tattoos, he no longer reaches for a knife to commemorate significant moments. The actors says hes the happiest hes ever been and is finally so close to the light.
6. Angelina Jolie. Angelina has
openly talked about her dark past, including how she used to
cut as a young teen. I was..trying to feel
something, she told Access Hollywood almost 15 years
ago. I really hurt myself. I was nearly in the
hospital. I was just a kid. I was like 13
understand that it is a cry for help.
Cutters: 7 Beauties Who Hurt Themselves
Cutting is most common in girls and young women, she says, but men are not immune. And neither are celebrities.
Quite a few A-listers have acknowledged cutting themselves. Keep reading to find out who...
Is Demi Lovato into self-injury? A couple of years ago, the 18-year-old actress said she wasn't, CBS News reported recently. But when she recently dropped out of a performing tour "to seek help with emotional and physical issues," a source close to the Lovato family said the 18-year-old actress and singer had "fought through eating disorders and has struggled with cutting," the magazine reported. Said the source, "Demi is taking control by getting help."
Kids aren't the only thing Oscar-winning actor Angelina Jolie has adopted. She's also adopted an open-book policy on her personal life, admitting that she cutting during a rocky patch in her teens and early twenties. "It's that middle stage when you might not know what life means that is the dangerous time," she told USA Today. "But I don't have that anymore."
Supersexy actress Megan Fox - who turned heads in "Transformers" - has acknowledged cutting herself, though she told People magazine, "I would never call myself a cutter. Girls go through different phases when they're growing up, when they're miserable and do different things, whether it's an eating disorder or they dabble in cutting."
Rocker and sometime actress Courtney Love has made outrageous behavior into a career. In 1995, she told Spin magazine that when she got really "blasto" on drugs, she would run around naked and cut her arms. "Crazy s***," she said.
Straight-talking Christina Ricci, best known for her roles in "Sleepy Hollow" and "Monster," has spoken openly of her self-injuring behavior. When an interviewer for Spin magazine noticed red marks on her arm, she said she had put out cigarettes on her skin. It didn't hurt, she explained. "You get this adrenaline rush," she said. "You can actually faint from pain. It take a second, a little sting, and then it's like you don't feel anything. It's calming, actually."
Few celebrities can match Amy Winehouse when it comes to self-destructive behavior. The troubled English rocker has acknowledged a drinking problem, and there have also been reports of cutting. She has "crisscross scars and scatches" up and down her left arm, People magazine reported. And a video showed Winehouse scratching her exposed midriff with a shard of broken mirror.
Being a royal is protection against
the emotional difficulties that can lead to cutting. In a
1995 interview with the BBC, Princess Diana revealed that
she cut her and legs, saying "you have so much pain inside
yourself that you try and hurt yourself on the outside
because you want help," the Toronto Sun reported.
Menstuff® is a registered trademark of Gordon Clay
©1996-2017, Gordon Clay