Menstuff® lists resources that offer information or services
Proper condom use can prevent the transmission of
many STDs including HIV/AIDS
Recent studies have indicated an increase in the numbers of HIV
positive older adults. This has increased public health interest in
what is causing this phenomenon and what might be done to prevent
future incidence. The following Internet pages help frame the
problem, identify resources, and give links to support
Articles About Older Adults
Aging Network Programs
Bibliography and Research
- Basic Statistics (National Center for HIV, STD, and TB
- AIDS Among Persons Aged 50 Years United States, 1991
1996, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention, January 23, 1998 www.thebody.com/cdc/mmwr472.html
Articles about Older Adults
- AIDS Clock www.unfpa.org/modules/aidsclock/index.htm
A mosaic of images and portraits that changes at the rate of six
per minute, the world rate of HIV infections.
- Aidsnet.ch www.aidsnet.ch
Aidsnet.ch is designed for people working in HIV/AIDS prevention,
people living with HIV/AIDS and all those interested in the
matter. The service is provided by AIDS Info Docu Switzerland, the
Swiss national HIV/AIDS documentation center in Berne. The site
publishes a list of countries with travel restrictions against
PWAs collected by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
The full list is available in English, French, German and Italian.
Go to the "Tourism and Travel" section www.aidsnet.ch/e/tourism.htm
to get the information.
- AIDS Memorial Quilt www.aidsquilt.org
The AIDS Memorial Quilt is the largest on-going community arts
project in the world. Each of the over 42,960 colorful panels in
the Quilt was made to remember the life of a person lost to AIDS.
Panels are 3 feet by 6 feet -- the size of a human grave. As the
epidemic claims more lives, the Quilt continues to grow. The Quilt
stands for more than the tens of thousands of people whose names
are sewn into the fabric. It stands, as well, for the sorrow,
anger, love and hope of people who make panels.
- Condom Country Catalog www.condom.com
Condoms, Books, Humor and Sex Aids.
- Condom Sense www.csense.com
- Condomania www.condomania.com
Condomania's World of Safer Sex
- The François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human
Rights, the first academic center to focus exclusively on health
and human rights, combines the academic strengths of research and
teaching with a strong commitment to service and
- Heavenly Lights Childrens Memorial. This site in an online
children's memorial dedicated to raising awareness to childhood
diseases such as cancer, leukemia, AIDS, etc. Those that have lost
a child may have a star added in their memory for free. People can
come out and click on the child's stars and go to their website to
read of their battle hear on earth.
- HIV/AIDS in the Elderly - National Organizations www.mc.Vanderbilt.Edu/adl/pathfinders/elderly/national.html
- HIV Resource Center in Oregon, provides free test sites
(Brookings, Gold Beach and Port Orford) and resource and support
information. See www.HIVRoseburg.org
- Lesbian and Gay Aging Issues Network (American Society on
- National Association on HIV Over Fifty www.hivoverfifty.org
- SHAPE Senior HIV/AIDS Prevention and Education
(University of South Florida Mental Health Institute) amhserver.fmhi.usf.edu/shape/
- Hospice Heart website Personal webserver of a widow, wife that
addresses long-term/life-threatening illnesses, short-term life
expectancy, caregiving, and AIDS.
- IYV - The UN International Year of Volunteers 2001 provides a
wealth of opportunities for volunteers, non-governmental
organizations and governments to network and support volunteering
from your community to the international level.
- The AGUABUENA Human Rights Association This site contains an
extensive collection of articles related to AIDS in Central
- The Beyond Awareness Campaign (www.aidsinfo.co.za
is a project of the HIV/AIDS and STD Directorate of the South
African Department of Health.
- CAM: Computerized AIDS Ministries (gbgm-umc.org/programs/hiv/aids.html
Founded on the principles of a Covenant to Care, CAM has welcomed
people from all over the world from many different backgrounds.
CAM has touched and even saved the lives of of thousands. CAM has
operated on the motto, "There Is More to Living with AIDS than
AIDS"-- including spiritual needs.
- The Other Side (www.theotherside.org
"AIDS Cluster" compiled specifically for faith-based AIDS
ministries, and prepared in conjunction with the special AIDS
issue of "The Other Side" magazine. Contains three of the nine
AIDS-related articles from the issue, as well as links to
religious and secular sites.
- Museum of Science and Industry (www.msichicago.org/exhibit/AIDS/AIDShome.html
This site offers sample basic illustrated material about the
lifecycle of HIV and how scientists are trying to stop the virus
with a sample from the Museum's exhibit AIDS: The War Within. It
also includes information published in the AIDS Daily Summary from
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National AIDS
Clearinghouse, as well as information on HIV testing (with a
- Promedical.net (www.promedical.net
French Medical network.
- Pets Are Loving Support (www.sonic.net/~pals
Dedicated in loving memory to Antonio Ocasio who died of AIDS
related lymphoma on January 12th of last year, 1996. Antonio
dedicated himself to helping others with AIDS and was a founding
member of Pets Are Loving Support.
- Rejoice Urban Development Project (www.rejoicecharity.com/rejoice/main.htm
A registered HIV/AIDS and poor orphaned children's Thai charity
- Service de la Sante Publique, Etat de Fribourg, Switzerland
(in french, in german)
- SINIKITHEMBA is a deciated clinic and support centre for
people living with AIDS, and their families. It is an innovative
reponse which helps people with HIV/AIDS live with dignity and
gives them the opportunity to earn an income.
- Youth Against AIDS (www.worldvoices.org/aids
an organization of African youth set to spread awareness on AIDS,
get our voices and views heard, both in Africa and on the
- WeDid (www.wedid.net/
A web based donation site. Click to donate to your choice of
charity at no cost to you.
Aging Network Programs
Bibliography and Research
* * *
Us | Disclaimer
Menstuff® is a registered trademark of Gordon Clay
©1996-2017, Gordon Clay