Domestic Violence Safety Plan

Menstuff® has compiled the following information on a Safety Plan for men who are in relatoinship with a violent woman.

Real Time Death Toll as of

What is a Safety Plan?
The Workplace Safety Plan
The Personal Safety Plan
Obtain a restraining order
Who you can call in a crisis
Related Issues:
Talking With Kids About Tough Issues, Abuse - Ritual, Abuse - Sexual, Circumcision, Violence, Domestic Violence, TV Violence, Sexual Harassment, Gangs, Prisons, Women's Violence, If Women Rule the Country
Related Books
- Abuse - Boys, Abuse - Children, Abuse - Ritual, Abuse - Sexual, Circumcision, Anger, Violence, Domestic Violence, Sexual Violence, Gangs, Sexual Harassment, and Women's Violence.
Journals & Periodicals - on Child, Elder, Emotional, Religious, and Sexual Abuse and Trauma
Q&A Slide Guide on Gangs
Resources - includes some programs for female perpetrators

What is a Safety Plan?

If you are in a violent relationship, one of the most important steps you can take is to make a safety plan both for home and the workplace. These plans contain simple but critical steps you can take to increase your safety while you deal with the violence you face in your personal life.

The Workplace Safety Plan

At work, you may want to:

The Personal Safety Plan

In case you have to flee, have the following available:

If you had the perpetrator evicted or are living alone, you may want to:

Obtain a restraining order

If you are leaving your abuser, ask yourself the following questions:

If you are staying with your batterer, think about:

Who you can call in a crisis

If you would call the police if the violence starts again. Can you work out a signal with the children or the neighbors to call the police when you need help? Remember, however, that most police departments still assume that if there is violence in the hoome it is the man who is the perpetrator. However, especially if children are involved, if you don't report the violence, and the police get involved, you may get jail time, and longer than your spouse, for not protecting the children.

If you need to flee temporarily, where would you go? Think though several places where you can go in a crisis. Write down the addresses and phone numbers, and keep them with you.

If you need to flee your home, know the escape routes in advance.

If you are in a violent relationship and need help, call 1-800-799-SAFE. Again, this is primarily for women. However, they may have an option in your community so give it a try.

*    *    *

Contact Us | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement
Menstuff® Directory
Menstuff® is a registered trademark of Gordon Clay
©1996-2019, Gordon Clay