The Candie's Foundation mission is to educate
teens about the consequences of teenage pregnancy,
bringing it into the national consciousness through
a public awareness initiative, which aims to reduce
teen pregnancy in the United States. For more
information go to www.candiesfoundation.org
"be SEXY" T-shirts. Jamie Presley says "It
doesn't mean you have to have sex." These shirts
help educate the new generation of self assured,
powerful girls by spreading the word about the
consequences of teenage pregnancy. (See how many
babies have been born to mothers under 15 so
far this year.)
Click on ad for two page version.
Related issues: Talking
With Kids About Tough Issues, Teens
& Sex, Teen
Inflammatory Disease, Reproduction,
Forms - Continuous
Device (IUD), The
or Cervical Cap, Female
Condom or Spermicide, Periodic
Abstinence or Fertility Awareness Methods
Slide Guides: Safe
- One million teenage girls will become
pregnant this year.
- 4 in 10 girls will experience at least one
pregnancy before reaching age 20.
- Teen pregnancy costs the United States at
least $ 7 billion annually.
- Less than one third of teen mothers receive
a high school diploma.
- Nearly 80% of unmarried teen mothers end up
- The sons of teenage mothers are 13 % more
likely to end up in prison, the daughters are 22
% more likely to become teen mothers
- Nearly 80 % of fathers of babies born to
teen mothers do not marry their babies
Tips for Teens
to Avoid Pregnancy
On this webpage you can find plenty of material
including information about abstinence and
Looking for the latest data on teen sexual
activity, pregnancy and childbearing? Look no
further - here are answers to the most commonly
Think you know it all when it comes to teen
pregnancy? Prove it.
- How many teen girls in the U.S. get pregnant
- But aren't the teen pregnancy and birth
- Does the U.S. have a higher teen pregnancy
rate than other countries?
- Isn't everyone having sex?
- So, does that mean more kids think it's
"cool" to be a virgin?
- Do teens have a general opinion about
whether their peers should be sexually
- Are younger teen girls more sexually active
than they used to be?
- Are teen guys more sexually active than they
were in the past?
- Do teens who have had sex wish they had
- Can you get pregnant if you use birth
- Are sexually active teens using birth
- Why don't teens use birth control every
- You can't get pregnant the first time,
- Do most teens who choose to raise the child
get married when they find out they're
- Aren't there a lot of teen girls who want to
- Do the teen girls who get pregnant keep
- What happens to teen mothers?
- What happens to the children of teen
- Who are the fathers, and where are they
- Where can I find out about teen pregnancy
rates in my state?
Find the answers here.
What do teens think about sex, pregnancy,
contraception, parents, the media, and religion?
Here are quotes from teens themselves on these and
A list of web site where teens can find further
Menstuff® is a registered trademark of Gordon
©1996-2017, Gordon Clay